About us

Precision Tool & Engineering Company was founded in 1946 to manufacture Press Tools Jig and Fixtures.

The company relocated due to expansion in 1954, moving into shared premises (E E Turner, Ablow Street, Wolverhampton). 

This move proved to be a major turning point with our association with the Die Casting industry beginning with the company Wolverhampton Die Casting.

Within two years it was necessary to purchase a property to expand the business. The property chosen was originally a large Chapel and had been used for several businesses since it was last used as a place of worship.

Customers on their first visit to these premises were always amazed to find all the machines standing on floorboards.  By now Precision Tool & Engineering Co had ceased Press tool manufacturing and was rapidly expanding the die-casting work.

In the early 1960’s a Sister Company was set up namely K N Bearings as Distributors for Fafner Bearings.

The first premises soon proved to be inadequate and so a larger property was purchased nearby, this enabled K N Bearing to occupy the front part of the building while the larger rear section was used by Precision Tool & Engineering Co. to expand the range of machines.

In 1966 the Precision Tool & Engineering Co. Shepherd Street property was subject to redevelopment and plans were started for a completely new purpose built building which now forms part of our present site.

1967 saw the break up of the partnership with J K Kershaw keeping the Bearing Company along with Brunswick Works and machines therein.

S Nash retained Precision Tool & Engineering Co, the new site, machines and contracts.

Since then World renown Die Casting Machine Manufacturers have used Precision Tool & Engineering Co. to supply their special needs both for home and abroad.

In 1977 a partnership was formed between S Nash and Alan Merrick (who had worked for many years as the business manager) this operated successfully until Mr Nash passed away in 1994.

In June 1994 a new partnership was formed with Alan’s son Mark Merrick enabling Mark to take over the day to day running of the Company.

Our first step on the CNC ladder came with the purchase of a Colchester CNC lathe, primarily for the machining of pistons & nozzle bodies, making our capstans machines redundant.

In 1998 we saw a further expansion with the purchase of the adjoining building, which enabled us to purchase our first Nacamura full CNC machine to further expand the range of components produced by CNC.

We then acquired 2 Mori Seiki CNC machining centres, 1 of which has 4th axis enabling us to not only machine complex pouring holes, but also water cooling grooves on the outside diameter of some large sleeves to customers requirements.

With the addition of a new Toss Combi CNC, upgrading and adding to our existing CNC machining capacity, with retaining conventional machines, we have developed the capacity, skills and processes to design, manufacture and refurbish cost effective high quality die casting machine parts, as our customers say The Parts That Fit!

 


 

 


Precision Tool & Engineering Co © 2006 - 2019